Implementing a Public Affairs and Lobbying Campaign
This two-part live online public affairs training course covers government engagement campaigning. You will learn to choose the best frameworks and approaches for your goals and contexts. Topics include all of the nuts and bolts of implementing a public affairs programme.
Two half-days | Monday-Tuesday | 09:00-13:00 London time | Live on Zoom | US$600
Power dynamics: understanding the dynamics of political jurisdictions to maximise results
This module covers how to analyse the political mechanics and power dynamics of a particular environment, in order to identify engagement potential.
- Key features of comparative political jurisdictions
- Evaluating executive and legislative powers in different jurisdictions
- Using insights in to your own jurisdiction
Using different lobbying programme frameworks for your campaign
This module reviews a menu of alternative models for public affairs programmes and the factors for affecting their suitability.
- Evaluating different programme approaches and tactics
- Understanding a variety of programme objectives
- Using case studies and workshops to identify the right tactics for your strategy
Choosing and using the best tools to engage with stakeholders
This module covers how to select appropriate campaign and engagement tactics.
- Using communications tools to engage the media and political decision-makers
- In depth look at multiple case studies
- Building popular and local support
In practice: developing a strategy for your organisation
This module brings together all key learning points from the preceding days of training in a facilitated workshop to produce a public affairs strategy for your organisation.
- Test your ideas in a supportive environment
- Access to trainer expertise and guidance
- Take home a strategy you can be proud of back at the office
What you will learn
After this course you will be able to:
- Implement a public affairs strategy
- Supervise and execute lobbying activities
- Navigate the political dynamics of jurisdictions relevant to your organisation
- Understand and select programme frameworks
- Deploy the full range of public affairs tools and tactics to engage different stakeholders
Who should attend?
This is an intermediate-level course designed for executives who need to engage with government, legislators and politicians for work. Learning is pitched at a level to help you to synthesise best practice and direct strategic implementation. This course is recommended for managers tasked with overseeing strategic government and public affairs, whether directly or having hired a consultancy.